The Booster Club is for the families of all
Martin HS orchestra members.
We are happy to be part of this meaningful experience for our children. We are proud of the impressive growth and accomplishments of the orchestra program. An active booster club can be a significant factor in our district’s ability to attract and retain top-notch directors for our schools. With your help, we can do so much more to enhance the valuable role of music in our children’s lives.
- To assist the Orchestra Director(s) in carrying out the activities of the orchestra and to give his in areas that might require assistance toward realizing the objectives of the Orchestra Program.
- To promote interest and support of the orchestra
- To improve parents' understanding of the students' obligations within the orchestra organization.
- To improve the school spirit through attendance at orchestra functions.
Why is your membership important to the MHS Orchestras?
Last year MOBC raised funds and donated time to support numerous Orchestra activities including:
- 6 student trip scholarships
- 10 summer music scholarships
- 2 senior scholarships
- Paid for private lessons through AMEP
- Chaperoned Midwest Trip, Branson trip, UIL contests
- Provided parent chaperone scholarships
- Purchased Midwest programs, concert programs
- Served as program distributors, door holders, ushers for concerts
- Donated food for UIL hospitality tables
- Paid rental fees for concerts while MHS auditorium was under construction
- Provided Sunshine support for Jay Atman
- Bought harp strings, cello strings, music boxes for the orchestras
- Offset the cost for every orchestra student to attend the end of year Orchestra Banquet
- Organized Hollywood Nights fundraising dinner, silent and live auction featuring ensembles from each orchestra
This year our goal is to raise $72,000 to support the MHS orchestras!
Support the Martin Orchestra program with a donation amount of your choosing.
BOOSTER CLUB FILES AND MERCHANDISE
CURRENT BOOSTER CLUB OFFICERS
President: Melissa Parsinen
1st Vice President Fundraising: Shannon Hartman
2nd Vice President Membership: Elizabeth Madison
3rd Vice President Communication: Levianne Mirabelli
Secretary: Jonda Lehrmann
Treasurer: Laura Pyle
Co-Treasurer: Aileen Bennett